2010 Honda CRF250R
The CRF250R. All-new. And dominant as ever. The CRF250R likes to win. Plain and simple. In fact, this machine has grown so used to taking checkered flags that it considers the top of the podium home. It's not easy, though, because when you're this good, everyone else is always gunning for you. And that means you always have to stay that much better, which is exactly what this year's all-new-from-the-dirt-up Honda CRF250R has done. And we didn't have to look far for inspiration, adapting many of the same cutting-edge features found on the open-class-leading and championship-winning CRF450R. Like Honda's revolutionary batteryless fuel-injection system. A lighterweight, more potent Unicam engine. An innovative new single exhaust setup. An all-new twin-spar aluminum frame. And our exclusive Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD). It even takes some serious new styling cues from its big brother. And the result? The lightest, most powerful and best-handling CRF250R yet. Once again, it looks like everyone else will be racing for second. Light Makes Might: Compact and batteryless, the CRF250R's new Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system not only optimizes performance, but reduces overall engine weight as well. Going Solo: An all-new single-pipe exhaust system design moves the muffler closer to the bike's center of mass, significantly improving weight distribution and handling. The Power of One: Lighter weight and more power is all anyone could ask from their MX machine, and the CRF250R's all-new Unicam® engine delivers. Big time. Straighten Up and Fly Right: We've retooled the CRF250R's Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD) for 2010, ensuring even sharper cornering ability and straight-line handling. Works-Style Front and Rear Brakes: Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized-aluminum brake pistons and lightweight new 240mm new front disc increases stopping power while minimizing unsprung weight for improved turning and handling. HRC works-type rear brake system adds a new 240mm brake rotor to its integrated rear master-cylinder and fluid reservoir, a set-up that eliminates the separate reservoir and hose. All-New Twin Spar Aluminum Frame: The '10 CRF250R boasts an all-new, HPSD-equipped twin-spar aluminum frame with a forged aluminum steering head. Spar height was reduced and width was narrowed, while stronger downtubes enhance front end feel. Steering response and overall handling have been improved by reducing the triplecrown offset from 22mm to 20mm, thus also positioning the front wheel closer to the crankshaft. Batteryless Fuel Injection: Other fuel injection systems are heavy compared with the CRF250R's, which is light and compact – call it fuel injection done right. Fuel Injection also makes the CRF250R more efficient. You can run your moto with a smaller fuel tank, and that means less gas and less weight.
- Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76.8mm x 53.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.2:1
- Valve Train: Unicam®, four-valve; 30.5mm intake, titanium; 25mm exhaust, steel
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 50mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/48T
- Front Suspension: 48mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.4 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single-shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound-damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.6 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc
- Front Tire: Dunlop 742FA 80/100-21
- Rear Tire: Dunlop D756 100/90-19
- Wheelbase: 58.8 in.
- Rake: (Caster Angle): 27.15 deg.
- Trail: 116 mm (4.56 in.)
- Seat Height: 37.6 in.
- Ground Clearance: 12.8 in.
- Curb Weight: 226 lbs. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Available Colors: Red
- Engine Type
- 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76.8mm x 53.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 50mm throttle body
- Full transistor with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 48mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.4 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop 742FA 80/100-21
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link Showa single-shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound-damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.6 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop D756 100/90-19
- Dry Weight
- 226 lbs. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.5 gal.
- 58.8 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.6 in.
- 116 mm (4.56 in.)
- (Caster Angle): 27.15 deg.
- Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 chain; 13T/48T