2016 Honda FOREMAN 500EFI 4X4 FOOTSHIFT
The ATV That Gets the Job Done.
You probably have a go-to person in your life— someone that you can count on in a pinch, the one you can count on when you need something done, done right, done now, and done without excuses. On the jobsite or the shop floor, it’s probably the shop foreman. And in the world of all-terrain vehicles that’s the Honda Foreman.
The Honda FourTrax Foreman has long been the workhorse of the ATV world, the machine smart riders look to when big jobs or big adventures call. Strong, rugged, famously reliable and able to do it all, the Foreman is the boss of both ranch and trail.
Its proven fuel injected 500-class engine offers excellent power and fuel efficiency. The strong chassis offers a long suspension stroke for better handling and a smoother ride, perfect for rough terrain. Find yourself in a less than ideal situation? The front differential lock will help maximize front-end power. And finally, all of these features are wrapped up in some tough, aggressively styled bodywork and some new color choices for 2016 that further set Foreman apart from the competition.
Serious Traction For Serious Terrain: The Honda Foreman features a front differential with two great features. TraxLok lets you switch between two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive with the push of a button. Need to take advantage of even more traction? You can lock the front differential solid, driving full power to all wheels—a real benefit in rocky, swampy or uneven terrain.
It Looks Tough. Because It Is Tough: The Foreman’s bodywork gives it a rugged appearance. But it does more than just look good. It’s designed to last, despite the scrapes and dings in the woods or on the job and helps protect you from mud and other debris to keep looking good as long as you own it.
Easy-to-Use Reverse Lever: Need to back up to load your ATV or get out of a tight spot on the trail? The Foreman sports a reverse lever that’s designed to be easier to use.
Tough On the Job. Not On You: Our Foreman 4x4 models with swing-arm rear suspension feature a solid, locked-rear-axle design. There is less body squat when towing. And with the comfortable ergonomics and saddle the Foreman 4x4 lets you tackle your favorite trail or the toughest chores in comfort all day long.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Foreman's overhead-valve, semi-dry-sump design creates an engine that's not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity and increasing ground clearance.
- Fuel Injection: By incorporating an oxygen sensor into the system, the Foreman delivers both better fuel efficiency and lower emissions. The ECU instantly adjusts the fuel injection mapping to match riding conditions for maximum fuel efficiency. The result: more time on the trail and more money in your pocket.
- Liquid Cooling: Our time-tested Honda engine is liquid-cooled to provide more consistent operating temperatures and more power than a comparable air-cooled motor. This adds up to better performance and longer engine life.
- Powerful ACG Output: An alternator offering extra output means the Foreman is capable of handling more of your accessory power needs.
- Easy Service Access: The Foreman’s body styling is not only aggressive, it’s functional. It features a tank and side covers that come off in one piece and without using any tools. That means quick and easy access to the engine.
- Swingarm Suspension: The Foreman’s 4x4 rear swingarm with it’s solid axle provides superior capability for towing and hauling. Its long suspension stroke and plush seat let you tackle your favorite trail or the toughest chores in comfort all day long.
- TraxLok: Our rock-solid system lets you choose either 2WD or 4WD, giving you the freedom to choose between lighter steering (in 2WD) and maximizing available traction (in 4WD) when you need it most.
- Electronic Differential Lock: When you’re in 4WD mode, and you need to get the power to both front wheels, you can just flip the switch on our electronic differential lock to maximize available traction. The vehicle display will tell you when the diff lock is fully engaged.
- Easy-to-Use Reverse Lever: Need to back up to load your ATV or get out of a tight spot on the trail? The Foreman sports a special reverse lever mechanism that’s designed to be simple to use. Its intuitive design makes it quick and easy to operate.
- Independent Assist Light: The 45-watt assist light now runs independently of the headlights so you can turn it on when you need it, and turn it off when you don’t.
- 35W Headlights: Your exploring or work doesn’t stop when the sun goes down. Powerful twin headlights offer better illumination down the trail.
- Digital Meter: In addition to the basics, the Foreman’s instrument panel offers extra information: a clock, water temperature gauge, our “maintenance minder” system and indicator for our electronic differential lock.
- Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (Bars/Seat/Pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Foreman is no exception. With thicker, softer foam, it’s more comfortable than ever.
- Superior Carrier Capacity: With strong, steel carriers front and rear, and with both offering increased capacity than earlier models, the Foreman is ready to carry what you need.
- Styling: The Foreman line's bodywork gives it a tough look. But it does more than just look good: it's designed to last, despite the scrapes and dings of the job or the woods, and to help protect you from mud and other debris.
- Engine Type: 475cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: Keihin® 36 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and front differential lock
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.28 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 7.28 in. travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic 190 mm disc
- Rear Brakes: Sealed 160 mm mechanical drum
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 82.8 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 48.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.9 in.
- Seat Height: 34.2 in.
- Ground Clearance: 7.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 630 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Turning Radius: 10.5 feet
- Model Id: TRX500FM1
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Honda Phantom Camo®
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Keihin® 36 mm throttle body
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 7.28 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic 190 mm disc
- Front Tires
- 25 x 8-12
- Rear Travel
- 7.28 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed 160 mm mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 630 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 7.5 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 82.8 in. x 47.4 in. x 48.0 in.
- 49.9 in.
- Drive Train
- Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and front differential lock
- Five-speed with Reverse
- Honda Phantom Camo®
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.